- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike TV has landed Neil Patrick Harris as host of its annual Video Game Awards.
Harris should bring some added attention and viewers to the event, which awards outstanding achievements in the video game industry yet has generally delivered modest rating. The gig will be added to his long list of hosting appearances, which include emceeing the Emmys, Tonys and the TV Land Awards.
Neil is a big gamer and a brilliant host,” said Casey Patterson, executive producer. “Video games are taking over the world and Neil is perfect to lead the ‘VGA’s’ in celebrating the best of the year and the future of gaming.”
The awards are telecast Saturday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. and will include appearances by Chris Hemsworth, Dane Cook, Olivia Munn, Denise Richards, Guillermo Del Toro, Nathan Fillion, Nick Swardson, Tony Hawk and cast members from the series It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
Also My Chemical Romance (which is doing the soundtrack for Gran Turismo 5) will perform.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day