- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Under the new deal, the first two seasons of Downton Abbey and early seasons of Suits began streaming exclusively Dec. 1.
Other NBCUniversal TV titles to become available to Netflix Canada subscribers in 2014 include Bates Motel, Psych, Covert Affairs, Heroes and Friday Night Lights.
Films in the deal include Bridesmaids; Fast Five, from the Fast & Furious movie franchise; The Change Up with Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman; and the first three films in the Bourne franchise.
The NBCUniversal deal helps bridge the content gap between what Netflix Canada subscribers view and the fuller library of movies and TV shows for U.S.-based Netflix subscribers.
“We are pleased to be the exclusive online subscription home for Downton Abbey, Suits, Bates Motel, as well as for terrific feature films in Canada,” said Sean Carey, vp content acquisition at Netflix, in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day