- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the wake of the Manchester, England, attack, Netflix is canceling its upcoming London premieres.
The streaming giant has scrapped plans for a special screening of Jenji Kohan’s Orange Is the New Black and GLOW, her new wrestling dramedy. The event had been scheduled for Tuesday at the Curzon Mayfair Cinema in London.
“Following the terrible events in Manchester on Monday night, we have decided to cancel our special screening of Orange Is the New Black and GLOW on Tuesday, May 30,” a Netflix spokesperson said Thursday in a statement. “Our thoughts are with all of those affected by this tragedy.”
Sources say the decision to cancel the screening was Netflix’s alone and was not based on any request from the local authorities. It marks the third premiere cancellation following the bombing, as Warner Bros. nixed its London premiere of Wonder Woman earlier this week and Universal did the same for The Mummy.
Monday’s attack on an Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Arena left 22 people dead and dozens wounded.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day