- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sheroum Kim, a senior vp production at STX, has been named director of independent films at Netflix, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Kim, who will be based in the streamer’s Los Angeles office, will be a part of the content acquisition team headed by Ian Bricke and Matt Brodlie. She will report directly to Brodlie.
Kim joined STX in 2014, and has since worked on The Edge of Seventeen, Amy Schumer’s I Feel Pretty and the recent Jennifer Lopez comedy Second Act. Prior to joining STX, she was head of development at 22 & Indiana Pictures.
Kim’s hire is the latest for Netflix, which has been consistently picking up executive talent. Recently, the streamer named Channing Dungey vp originals — she shares the title with Cindy Holland — and appointed Activision Blizzard’s Spencer Neumann as CFO, replacing outgoing CFO David Wells.
On the features side, Kira Goldberg, the Fox exec who worked on the Golden Globe winner Bohemian Rhapsody, was tapped to be a film exec, reporting to Tendo Nagenda, the former Disney executive Netflix poached in August.
The news of Kim’s hire was first reported Wednesday by Deadline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day