- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The special, starring the royal party animal first introduced in the Madagascar franchise (currently voiced by Danny Jacobs and originally voiced by Sacha Baron Cohen in the 2005 film), spans just over three minutes and features a dance party, a slide and a countdown. “Is it almost midnight yet? Who cares, it’s midnight somewhere!” he says just before the big moment.
The offering was announced along with the statistic that thirty-four percent of U.S. parents admitted to beginning NYE festivities early to fool their kids into thinking it’s midnight and getting them to sleep at a decent hour, according to a recent survey from Wakefield Research on behalf of Netflix. Such methods include watching a countdown in a different time zone or setting a clock of their won.
The Netflix original series All Hail King Julien, launched Dec. 19, is currently available in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, UK, Ireland, the Nordics, the Netherlands and France. The NYE countdown is accessible via the show’s “Trailers and More” tab.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day