- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Left Bank Pictures, in association with Sony Pictures Television, will adapt Sarah Pinborough’s best-selling psychological thriller Behind Her Eyes into a limited drama series for the streamer, with The Hollywood Reporter understanding that production is due to kick off in London this spring.
First published in 2017, Behind Her Eyes follows a single mother stuck in a modern-day rut who begins an affair with a successful and charming man she sees in a bar, only to soon strike up a friendship with his beautiful wife. But as she becomes drawn into the orbit of this seemingly picture-perfect marriage, she starts questioning the terrible secrets both may be hiding.
The Punisher creator and showrunner Steve Lightfoot wrote the adaptation and will executive produce, with Angela LaManna (The Punisher, Hannibal) listed as co-writer. Eliza Mellor (The Widow, Liar, Poldark) produces, with Suzanne Mackie, Andy Harries and Jessica Burdett exec producing for Left Bank. A director has yet to be tapped for the series.
Alongside its Emmy-winning show The Crown, which is currently shooting season three, Left Bank is in production on the Miss World comedy feature Misbehaviour with Pathe, starring Keira Knightley.