- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix is increasing its investment in British television, ordering a supernatural teen drama from the All3Media-owned New Pictures.
The as-yet-untitled eight-episode series was created by Hania Elkington (The North London Book of the Dead) and Simon Duric (The Crown, Black Mirror), and has been billed an emotional love story thriller about two teenage runaways.
It is being exec produced by New Pictures founders Charlie Pattinson, Elaine Pyke and Willow Grylls, alongside Farren Blackburn (Doctor Who), who will also direct. The U.K.-based banner, which was acquired by All3Media in January 2016, previously produced the Starz/BBC series The Missing and Indian Summers for Channel 4. It is currently in production on the BBC/Cinemax crime series Rellik starring Game of Thrones’ Richard Dormer, and supernatural drama Requiem for BBC One.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the new show will shoot in the U.K. and Norway.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day