- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix has ordered its first Turkish-language series, giving a 10-episode order to an action drama inspired by the history, and legends, of the Ottoman empire.
According to Netflix, the drama focuses on a young man who discovers that he has special powers and who, when Istanbul is threatened by dark forces, must team up with a group of misfit friends to save the city and all of mankind.
O3 Medya, the Istanbul-based shingle behind several local ratings hits, will produce the as-yet-unnamed series for Netflix, with Onur Guvenatam acting as executive producer.
The show will be written and produced in Turkey and is expected to launch on Netflix around the world in 2018.
The series is certain to boost the appeal of Netflix’s offering in Turkey, given the territory’s penchant for homegrown drama. Turkish series, such as period drama Magnificent Century, have also shown export potential, particularly across the Middle East and throughout central and eastern Europe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us