- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Godzilla continues his rampage on Netflix. The streaming service has ordered a new anime series centering on the classic Japanese monster, with Godzilla Singular Point planned for 2021.
Studio bones, known for My Hero Academia, is partnering with Orange, the studio behind Beastars. The series features a new cast and an original story unrelated to the series of animated films that have made a splash on Netflix including Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (2017), Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle (2018) and Godzilla: The Planet Eater (2018).
Filmmaker Atsushi Takahashi, who helmed , will direct Godzilla Singular Point, which will combine hand-drawn and CG animation styles.
The creative team also includes Doraemon composer Kan Sawada, sci-fi novelist Toh Enjoe and Blue Exorcist comic creator Kazue Kato. Animator Eiji Yamamori, who has worked on Studio Ghibli films such as Spirited Away, will provide the Kaiju design.
The Japanese film studio Toho Company introduced Godzilla to the world back in 1954, and since then the character has spawned dozens of films, including Legendary’s upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong, which is unrelated to the Netflix property.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day