- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The studio had originally slated the movie to open in U.S. theaters on March 18, but then quietly pulled it off that date. It is now expected to premiere stateside on the streaming service later this year.
The film, directed by Mark Osborne, an Oscar nominee for Kung Fu Panda, premiered out of competition at the Cannes Film Festival last May and has grossed $100 million intrnationally (excluding the U.K., Australia, Scandinavia and Spain), where it was handled by various distributors. Last month, it was awarded France’s Cesar Award for best animated film.
Little Prince combines 3D computer animation and stop-motion, and has a voice cast that includes Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Paul Rudd, Marion Cotillard, James Franco and Benicio del Toro.
Paramount’s international arm handled the release of the film in France last summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day