- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Make way for more Grace and Frankie.
Netflix has renewed the half-hour single-camera comedy for a second season, the streaming service announced on Tuesday.
The news comes less than a month after the series’ May 8 debut.
Grace and Frankie stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin — their first project together since the 1980 comedy 9 to 5 — as two frenemies who are thrust into each other’s lives when their husbands leave them for each other. Sam Waterston, Martin Sheen, Brooklyn Decker, June Diane Raphael, Ethan Embry and Baron Vaughn round out the cast. Marta Kauffman co-created the series with Howard J. Morris, who both exec produce with Fonda, Tomlin, Paula Weinstein, Dana Goldberg, David Ellison and Marcy Ross.
The series hails from Skydance Productions and Okay Goodnight.
For Netflix, the renewal comes as all of its original scripted dramas and comedies have gone on to secure second seasons. The streaming service’s growing original comedy roster also includes Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and BoJack Horseman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day