- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Emmy-winning series, an update of the original Bravo hit, bowed on the streamer in early 2018 and quickly minted celebrities out of its five-man cast: Antoni Porowski (food and wine), Bobby Berk (interior design), Jonathan Van Ness (grooming), Karamo Brown (culture) and Tan France (fashion).
After shooting the first and second seasons in Atlanta and moving production to Kansas City for seasons three and four, Queer Eye now shifts production to the East Coast. The fifth season will shoot in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. Production is set to start at the end of the month, with a global release planned for 2020.
Its first year out of the gate, Queer Eye won the Primetime Emmy for outstanding structured reality program, and for its casting. The fivesome have indeed become pop culture darlings, most recently appearing in Taylor Swift’s music video for the single “You Need to Calm Down.”
Queer Eye is executive produced by David Collins, Michael Williams and Rob Eric for Scout Productions. Jennifer Lane serves as showrunner and executive producer. David George, Adam Sher, David Eilenberg and Jordana Hochman also serve as exec producers for Scout parent ITV Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day