- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Capping off a few months of talks about an afterlife for the Warner Horizon Television production, the new season will premiere on the streamer in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand in 2015.
“When Warner Horizon Television came to us with the idea for a new season of Longmire, we were intrigued because the series is so unique, and consistently great,” said Netflix vp original content Cindy Holland. “We are thrilled to help continue Walt Longmire’s story for his large and passionate following.”
A&E raised eyebrows when it pulled the plug on Longmire. It was the cable network’s most-watched original scripted series. But Longmire‘s fan base skews old, and it was doing little to aid the scramble for advertiser-friendly adults 18-49. Advertising, of course, means nothing to Netflix.
“We’re excited and honored to have the opportunity to bring this show that we love so much, and all its devoted fans, to Netflix,” read a joint statement from the series’ executive producers.
A contemporary crime thriller, Longmire is based on the best-selling novels of author Craig Johnson. It stars Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
sex lives of college girls