- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During the days that lead up to Christmas, Netflix plans to stream from Nov. 1 the African safari drama Holiday in the Wild, starring Lowe and Kristin Davis, followed Nov. 8 with Let It Snow, in which Kiernan Shipka and Isabela Merced play high school seniors who are snowbound over Christmas in a small Midwestern town.
Netflix earlier gave a sneak peek at its first animated holiday film, Klaus, which bows Nov. 17 and is voiced by Schwartzman, Rashida Jones and J.K. Simmons. Joan Cusack, Will Sasso and Norm Macdonald also lend their voices to the film.
And Netflix will start streaming The Knight Before Christmas on Nov. 21, which stars Hudgens and Josh Whitehouse; followed Nov. 28 by Holiday Rush, featuring Romany Malco as a popular New York DJ and Sonequa Martin-Green as his producer trying to rescue his career to save the holidays for four kids who are suddenly without their mother.
Netflix’s countdown to the holidays on the drama front includes a Dec. 5 launch for A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby, starring Rose McIver, Ben Lamb and Alice Krige. As Netflix competes in the holiday film arena with Hallmark, the streamer is also set to launch the second seasons of The Great British Baking Show: Holidays from Nov. 8, and Nailed It! Holiday! from Nov. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day