- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel’s third Netflix drama is adding a key role.
The Mike Colter-starring Luke Cage has enlisted three-time Golden Globe nominee Sonia Braga (Kiss of the Spider Woman, Moon Over Parador, Brothers & Sisters) to play Soledad Temple, the company announced Tuesday.
Soledad will play the mother to Claire (Rosario Dawson), who has been part of Marvel’s two previous Netflix dramas Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
For the uninitiated, Claire becomes a key love interest for Luke Cage in the Marvel comic book universe. It’s unclear if the Netflix drama, set to debut in 2016, will follow the same trajectory.
Colter debuted as Luke Cage in a recurring role opposite Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones — the second of four dramas picked up straight to series — before being spun off to topline the Luke Cage show. He’ll eventually team with Daredevil‘s Charlie Cox, Ritter and the uncast Iron Fist in The Defenders to conclude all four stories.
Braga, whose TV credits include Royal Pains and Alias, is repped by Levity Entertainment and Schrek Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers