- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bones alum Tamara Taylor and J.C. MacKenzie will head the cast of October Faction, a Netflix sci-fi series based on the comic of the same name.
Taylor and MacKenzie (Molly’s Game, Madam Secretary) will play Deloris and Fred Allen, a married couple who also work together as monster hunters. When they return to their upstate New York hometown after the death of Fred’s father, they have to keep their hunting activity a secret while discovering the town isn’t as peaceful as it seems.
The cast also includes Aurora Burghart and Gabriel Darku as Viv and Geoff, the Allen children, along with Wendy Crewson (Room, Saving Hope), Megan Follows (Reign) and Stephen McHattie (Orphan Black). Follows is also set to direct an episode.
October Faction, based on Steve Niles’ IDW comic, is one of three sci-fi shows Netflix ordered straight to series in September, along with The I-Land starring Kate Bosworth and Warrior Nun, based on a manga series.
Damian Kindler (Krypton, Sleepy Hollow) adapted the comic and will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Niles, James Thorpe, Thomas Walden and Eric Birnberg also executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print