- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings received a $36.1 million payday in 2018, up 48 percent compared with the $24.4 million he had made in 2017 and his $23.2 million compensation for 2016, the streaming video giant disclosed in a regulatory filing Tuesday.
Chief content officer Ted Sarandos, meanwhile, got a compensation package worth $29.6 million, up 32 percent from his 2017 pay of $22.4 million and his $18.9 million pay in 2016.
Hastings’ 2018 compensation was made up of a salary of $700,000, down from $850,000, and stock option awards worth $35.4 million, up from $23.5 million.
Sarandos’ salary jumped to $12 million in 2018 from $1 million in 2017, with his option awards up to $17.6 million from 12.4 million. He didn’t get any non-equity incentive plan compensation, which had brought him $9 million in 2017. Sarandos’ “other compensation” amounted to $32,251, up from $8,100.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day