- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Damon Wayans Jr. is sticking around on New Girl. Though the actor hasn’t been made a regular, he’ll continue as a special guest star for the duration of the Fox comedy’s third season.
Wayans, who wrapped a three-season run on Happy Endings earlier this year, starred in the 2011 New Girl pilot alongside Zooey Deschanel. He was set to play Coach in the comedy until Happy Endings scored an unlikely renewal. The gruff roommate of Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Nick (Jake Johnson), Coach was replaced with Winston (Lamorne Morris) in the series’ second episode.
Before the season-three premiere, Wayans booked a six-episode arc on New Girl. His first episode back, “Coach,” saw his character returning to the fold and moving in with Schmidt.
The actor is a big hit at 20th Century Fox TV right now. In addition to his new duties for New Girl, he is developing a comedy for Fox alongside Jason Winer.
Wayans Jr. is repped by WME and Mosaic. His attorney is P.J. Shapiro with Ziffren Brittenham LLP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day