- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fox comedy is once again bringing back Tran (Ralph Ahn), the elderly mute man that Nick (Jake Johnson) befriended in a park. And this time he’ll be appearing alongside his (presumably non-taciturn) granddaughter. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that actress Greta Lee has booked the role and is set to appear in at least three episodes as a love interest for Nick.
Lee will make her first appearance as Kai in the Thanksgiving episode, catching Nick’s eye at the loft’s annual holiday dinner.
It’s the latest in a string of high-profile gigs for Lee. The actress appeared in several episodes of Girls as Soojin and has been a recurring player on Inside Amy Schumer. She also has a part in midseason Fox miniseries Wayward Pines and will appear in Amy Poehler and Tina Fey vehicle The Nest and Bill Murray‘s St. Vincent.
As for Ahn, this will mark the actor’s fifth trip to New Girl — having first appeared on the series in 2012 as a spiritual guide and jacuzzi buddy to Nick.
Lee is repped by CAA, Regarding Entertainment and attorney Kimberly Jaime at Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day