- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Miller family is growing.
On the heels of an appearance from guest star Dennis Farina as Nick’s dad, New Girl has settled on an actress to play his mother. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Margo Martindale has landed the role, as first reported by EW.
The March episode will find the roommates staging a pilgrimage to Nick’s (Jake Johnson) homeland of Chicago, where they meet a very skeptical Mrs. Miller. Like his pony-loving, grifter dad, she doesn’t seem to have it all together.
An Emmy winner for her work on Justified, Martindale recently joined FX’s The Americans in a recurring role. She’ll have an eight-episode arc in the freshman season playing Claudia, a liaison between the KGB and central spies Phillip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth (Keri Russell). She’ll also soon be seen in Beautiful Creatures, the film adaptation of August: Osage County and Showtime’s Masters of Sex.
Martindale is repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day