- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s New Girl is making the most out of its roommate opening.
With Damon Wayans Jr. departing the series for its previously announced fifth season, the Fox comedy has enlisted Fred Armisen, Stephen Rannazzisi and Ally Maki to guest-star, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In an episode set to air next season, Portlandia‘s Armisen will play a boarder when Nick (Jake Johnson) and Schmidt (Max Greenfield) list the loft on Airbnb. Rannazzisi (The League) will portray an old college frenemy of Schmidt and Nick’s. Maki (TBS’ Wrecked) is set as a girl who has rented Nick’s room as part of the guys’ moneymaking scheme.
The casting comes as New Girl has wrapped production on season four and is already hard at work on next season in a bid to accommodate star Zooey Deschanel‘s pregnancy. The trio join previously announced Anna George as Cece’s (Hannah Simone) mother, among others.
A new episode — co-written by star Lamorne Morris — airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Armisen is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment; Rannazzisi is with UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman; Maki is with Abrams Artists and Sweeney Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day