- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s New Girl is going from partying at weddings to Party Down.
The freshman hit has enlisted Party Down star Lizzy Caplan for a three-episode arc in which she’ll play Nick’s (Jake Johnson) love interest Julia Baker.
Julia is described as a highly educated young woman with a master’s degree in art history and a highly cultured manner. She meets Nick — who took the first steps toward getting over his ex, Caroline, in Tuesday’s episode – at an art gallery opening.
Nick is immediately taken with her seeming perfection and worries that the seemingly perfect woman will be disgusted by his roommates when she joins the guys in celebrating Schmidt’s (Max Greenfield) 29th birthday. However, Nick’s intimidations are cooled when Julia admits she has anger management issues.
Caplan, whose credits also include HBO’s True Blood, is the second high-profile guest star booked for New Girl. The Fox series, which was the first freshman series to earn the full-season order of the year, booked Justin Long for a three-episode arc as a love interest for Zooey Deschanel’s “adorkable” Jess.
Caplan is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day