- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A few characters on Fox’s New Girl might experience deja vu before the end of the season.
Mary Elizabeth Ellis will join Justin Long as another ex returning to the series, only she’s sticking around for three episodes.
A 20th Century Fox rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Perfect Couples actress will reprise the role of Nick’s (Jake Johnson) manipulative ex-girlfriend Caroline for the last three episodes of the season.
Her appearances will coincide with the ex-centric “Backslide,” the season’s penultimate episode, which also brings back Jess’ (Zooey Deschanel) brief boyfriend Paul (Long).
Ellis previously appeared in the New Girl pilot and “Wedding.” Caroline’s cameos have coincided (and prompted) rather dramatic emotional responses from Nick.
Before she heads back to New Girl, Ellis will also stop by the March 28 episode of Happy Endings. She’s repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day