- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now that Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess (Zooey Deschanel) have defined their relationship, the maturation divide between the New Girl duo is a bit more obvious.
The latest episode of the Fox comedy, “Menus,” tackles it head on — with the continued help of Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.) — who will be sticking around the show for the duration of the season.
“Nick is set in his ways,” says episode co-writer Matt Fusfeld.
“He’s caught between this place where he wants to hold on to a lot of his natural negativity or skepticism — but then he’s also dating this real optimist,” adds fellow scribe Alex Cuthbertson. “He sees it affecting her negatively, and he wants to make a change.”
Fusfeld and Cuthbertson, who both sound off about the episode in the below video, offer some backstory on their favorite scene from “Menus” — and tease a musical workout montage for Nick and Coach.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day