- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Move over Suze Orman. Hollywood has an new budget balancer, and it’s … Zooey Deschanel?
The New Girl actress and singer filed to divorce rocker-husband Ben Gibbard on Dec. 27 after more than two years of marriage, citing irreconciliable differences. Court documents, via TMZ, reveal the 31-year-old’s net worth and arguably thrifty celebrity approach to finances.
According to the papers, Deschanel earns a monthly paycheck of $95,000 for starring in the freshman Fox sitcom. She’s listed $1,578,000 in the bank, $1,645,000 in stocks and $693,300 in property, bringing her total net worth to $3,916,300.
Here is a partial list of how she spends it, per Deschanel’s breakdown of average monthly expenses totaling $22,550: telephone, cell phone and email ($300); dining out ($500); laundry ($600); utilities ($800); groceries and household supplies ($1,000); clothes ($2000). And Deschanel gives almost as much to charity each month as she spends on clothes — a generous $1,500 per month.
But here’s the kicker: Deschanel has three credit cards — American Express, Visa and MasterCard — on which she lists an impressive balance of zero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen