- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Delivering the comedy master class in Banff follows Bloys being named to the top creative slot as part of a shake-up at the premium cable network. Michael Lombardo, who Bloys replaced as president of programming, is still scheduled to hold his own master class in Banff on The Leftovers with showrunner Damon Lindelof, organizers confirmed Thursday, as he segues into a producer deal at HBO.
Bloys and Lombardo are heading to the Canadian Rockies as Banff gets set to honor HBO as the festival’s 2016 company of distinction. Richard Plepler, CEO of the pay TV giant, also is set to deliver a keynote speech.
There are additional HBO master classes on the movie front as Kary Antholis, president of HBO miniseries and Cinemax programming, holds a fireside chat with writer, producer and director Steven Zaillian (Schindler’s List, Moneyball), and HBO Films president Len Amato will conduct an informal conversation with veteran director Jay Roach (All The Way).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day