- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Paramount Global is at work on a new Jackass TV series after the impressive box office performance of Jackass Forever.
“Based off the success of Jackass Forever, we’re working with the creators to continue the partnership with a new series, bringing even more ridiculous antics straight to Paramount+,” Paramount Global CEO Bob Bakish told a post-earnings analyst call on Tuesday.
Bakish said the new Jackass series is the first project to come from a Paramount Global initiative to launch TV spinoffs on Paramount+ that leverage earlier theatrical successes. After Jackass Forever debuted in theaters in February, Paramount+ added episodes of the original Jackass series to the streaming platform.
Bakish said sending spinoff TV series to Paramount+ would deepen relationships with fan bases of popular content. The R-rated Jackass Forever movie opened to a better-than-expected $23.5 million from 3,604 theaters in prankster king Johnny Knoxville and crew’s return to the big screen.
On the analyst call, Bakish talked up how Jackass Forever and Scream both performed well in movie theaters before heading to Paramount+.
Paramount Pictures, MTV Entertainment and Dick Productions revived the Jackass franchise 12 years after the third film, Jackass 3D, was released.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day