- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The New Normal is adding to the family.
Executive producer Ryan Murphy took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to announce that Star Trek alum George Takei and reality television personality/fashion designer Nicole Richie have joined the NBC comedy.
“Proud to announce Nicole Richie and the legendary George Takei are joining The New Normal family,” wrote the Glee and American Horror Story co-creator.
Details on when Takei and Richie will be appearing were not available, but the pair will play themselves in an episode.
The New Normal revolves around a gay couple (Justin Bartha, Andrew Rannells) who turn to a surrogate, Goldie (Georgia King), to help expand their family. Ellen Barkin co-stars as Goldie’s sharp-tongued, racist and homophobic grandmother.
The half-hour comedy launched to 6.9 million viewers Sept. 10.
The New Normal airs at 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day