- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Long-running German crime series Tatort continues to set new high-water marks, ratings-wise. The latest episode in the weekly procedural drew 12.81 million German viewers, or 34 percent of the viewing audience, the highest level in 20 years. The figure even topped the 12.7 million that tuned in on March 10 to watch German film star Til Schweiger make his debut in the popular crime show.
Tatort was as successful with younger viewers on public broadcaster ARD as it was with the channel’s core 50-plus demographic. Among 14-49 years-olds, 28.8 percent, or 4.23 million total viewers, tuned in Sunday night. That compares to 3.24 million under-50s that watched Navy CIS on commercial network Sat.1, the top-rated U.S. show on German TV for the evening.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina