- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During the “Invitation to the Set” clip, Sorkin and executive producer/director Alan Poul preview one new storyline that — unlike the first year — will serve as a thread throughout the entire second season when a wrongful termination lawsuit threatens the careers and reputations of both Will (Daniels) and Charlie (Sam Waterston).
Meanwhile, Jim (John Gallagher Jr.) — uncomfortable with the newsroom dynamic between Maggie (Alison Pill) and Don (Thomas Sadoski) — returns to the field as a reporter covering the Romney campaign in a bit of self-preservation.
As for Don, his romantic tension with Sloan (Olivia Munn) is in full force this season, threatening his rekindled relationship with Maggie — whom Sorkin previews will “lose everything.”
Check out the clip below to see what other changes are in store for The Newsroom‘s second season when it returns Sunday, July 14 at 10 p.m. on HBO.
,” Sorkin says. “I don’t want to have an adversarial relationship with the press.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day