- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After fielding multiple offers, The Newsroom‘s Terry Crews has made his decision.
Crews, who plays Jeff Daniels‘ sweet bodyguard on the HBO drama, will play Sgt. Terry Jeffords in the untitled Mike Schur/Dan Goor comedy, joining a cast that includes Saturday Night Live alum Andy Samberg.
Crews will play the no-nonsense captain of a diverse squad of detectives at a New York precinct. Described as being built like an NFL linebacker — but stronger — his character used to be a great cop but has lost some of his edge now that he has a family.
Crews, repped by WME, will continue to recur on Newsroom and recently wrapped Tyler Perry‘s feature Single Moms Club. He’ll also appear in Netflix’s upcoming Arrested Development.
Goor and Schur will write and exec produce alongside David Miner, with Samburg also producing the Universal Television and 3 Arts single-camera comedy. 21 Jump Street’s Phil Lord and Chris Miller are set to direct the pilot. Lord and Miller are repped by UTA.
The project is one of six comedy pilots picked up at Fox so far this pilot season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant