- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Jayson Blair (MTV’s The Hard Times of RJ Berger) has been cast as a guest star on the pilot, which would become a major recurring role if NBC picks it up to series.
Blair will play Clay, who has a Midwestern feel, is dangerously sexy and is entitled — even though he peaked in high school.
New Normal is a single-camera sitcom pilot about a gay couple (Andrew Rannells, Justin Bartha) and the surrogate (Georgia King) who will carry their baby. Ellen Barkin plays the surrogate’s splashy mother.
Murphy will direct the pilot and executive produce along with Dante Di Loreto and Ali Adler.
Besides playing Max on RJ Berger, Blair starred as Ty on the Crackle web series Hot Hot Los Angeles. He also has appeared on 2 Broke Girls, The Protector, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, Rizzoli & Isles, CSI: NY and Glee.
Blair is represented by Justice & Ponder and Ginsburg Daniels.
E-mail: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day