- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“After speaking with both teams and NFLPA leadership,NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell informed the clubs today that the Bills-Bengals game will not be resumed this week,” the league said in a statement Tuesday afternoon. “The NFL has made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date. The league has not made any changes to the Week 18 regular season schedule.”
Hamlin fell to the ground after what appeared to be a routine tackle during the Monday night game. He was given CPR on the field before being taken to a local hospital in an ambulance. He spent the night in the intensive care unit and remained in critical condition on Tuesday, with the exact details of his injury still unclear.
The unprecedented postponement comes toward the very end of the NFL season, with the critical game still up in the air. Of course, Hamlin’s health is the top priority for the teams, with Bills and Bengals players appearing shaken up on ESPN as the severity of Hamlin’s status became clear.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day