- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Nordic Independent production alliance NICE Group has relaunched its Norwegian operation Limelight Film & TV as Rakett. Andreas Hjerto, who joined NICE group from Rubicon TV in May, will head up the rebranded production house. Limelight made its name with reality TV series such as Charter Fever and Celebrity Babysitter for the Scandinavian market.
NICE took over Limelight from Swedish indie production group Titan last year. NICE spent the last six months restructuring its Scandinavian operations to focus on developing low-cost local content that could be produced using pan-Scandinavian production hubs.
NICE – which also owns production groups Playroom and Monster in Norway; Titan Television, Baluba and NICE Drama from Sweden, Denmark-based Gong and Moskito from Finland – faces increasing competition from global production firms such as Endemol, FremantleMedia and Red Arrow, which are seeking to further consolidate the Nordic production market.
In total, NICE Group delivers more than 100 series a year to Nordic broadcasters across all genres. The NICE Group is majority controlled by private equity player CapMan, which own a 65 percent stake.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day