- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Oct. 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Publisher Scholastic announced in January that Cannon and wife Mariah Carey would collaborate on the sugary tome starring their 3-year-old twins. According to an advance copy obtained by THR, Cannon is now the sole author, but Carey’s name shows up in the dedication to “my family: Mariah, Roc, and Roe.”
See more Hollywood’s 16 Biggest Divorces Ever
What he doesn’t write is that this will be the first holiday following the couple’s high-profile split after six years of marriage. It will be nearly impossible for the America’s Got Talent host to steer conversation from his tabloid-riddled separation to his debut kids book, which has Carey’s fingerprints all over it, from her love of Christmas to a family photo.
So will he skip the spotlight? A rep for Cannon did not return a request for comment, but a Scholastic rep confirmed Cannon will participate in promotion, probably around December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day