- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smash is snatching up some notable guest stars when it launches next year.
Nick Jonas and Tony winner Bernadette Peters have booked guest appearances on NBC’s midseason entry, airing Mondays at 10 p.m. beginning Feb. 6, 2012 — the day after the Super Bowl. Both will be showing off the singing chops, performing on their respective episodes.
Jonas is set to play Lyle West, a television sitcom star who began his career as a child actor in a Broadway production written by Tom (Christian Borle) and directed by Derek (Jack Davenport). Peters will appear as Leigh Conroy, Ivy’s (Megan Hilty) Tony-winning mom who lives through her daughter.
The Universal Television production follows the making of a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. Debra Messing, Katharine McPhee, Anjelica Huston, Brian D’Arcy James, Jaime Cepero and Raza Jaffrey round out the ensemble.
Smash will air after The Voice on Monday nights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day