- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s a renewed interest in pop singer and NBC’s The Sing Off host Nick Lachey and ABC’s Wipeout co-host Vanessa Minnillo’s mid-July wedding after TLC aired its special, Nick & Vanessa’s Dream Wedding, on Saturday. But there was one secret behind the wedding that other engaged celebrities might want to include in their own nuptial planning: Fireworks.
That’s how the couple was able to keep paparazzi away from the ceremony, which took place on Virgin Group owner Richard Branson’s private island in the British Virgin Islands.
The couple’s wedding planner, Sharon Sacks, says fireworks were their secret weapon that kept the couple’s nightmare scenario from coming true.
“We pull fireworks permits,” Sacks says. “The FAA will not allow any type of aircraft over the area if there’s a permit.”
So while the fireworks were a grand way for the couple to wish farewell to their 35 guests comprised of family and close friends, it also served to keep the event private for all involved — including TLC’s cameras and People Magazine, which posted the couple’s wedding photos exclusively.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day