- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nick McGlashan, one of the stars of the Discovery series Deadliest Catch, has died, the Davidson County Medical Examiner confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 33.
McGlashan reportedly died Sunday. Officials would not comment further, as the case is under investigation.
“Our deepest sympathy goes out to Nick’s loved ones during this difficult time,” Discovery said in a statement to THR. “Nick came from a long line of crabbers and was known for his great depth of knowledge. He also had a sharp sense of humor even in the most difficult conditions. He will be deeply missed by all those who knew him.”
McGlashan appeared in 78 episodes of Deadliest Catch spanning from 2013 to this year. He worked on the Summer Bay fishing vessel.
The lifelong fisherman reportedly struggled with alcohol and drugs, which resulted in him entering rehab during the show’s 13th season.
8:30 a.m.: Updated with a statement from Discovery.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day