- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s lesbian comedy has found its male lead in a familiar face.
2 Broke Girls alum Nick Zano will reunite with writer Liz Feldman and star in the network’s One Big Happy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Warner Bros. Television and executive producer Ellen DeGeneres, One Big Happy centers on Lizzy, a lesbian who gets pregnant just as her straight male best friend (Zano) meets and marries Prudence, the love of his life.
Zano will play Luke, who works as a bowling alley but whose real passion is the sci-fi novel that he hasn’t worked on in five years. When he meets Prudence, his life is turned upside down and he realizes he’s in love with an illegal alien and marries her — much to Lizzy’s chagrin.
The role continues Zano’s relationship with WBTV, where he most recently guest-starred on CBS’ Chuck Lorre comedy Mom. Zano, whose credits also include ABC’s Happy Endings, had an 11-episode arc on CBS/WBTV’s 2 Broke Girls, where he played a love interest for Kat Dennings and worked with Feldman.
Feldman will pen the script and exec produce the multicamera comedy with DeGeneres and her A Very Good Production topper Jeff Kleeman.
Zano is repped by UTA and John Carrabino Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day