- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nickelodeon is getting into the sibling superhero business.
The network has ordered to series The Thundermans, a superhero-themed comedy about a family of twin siblings, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The family comedy revolves around the Thundermans, 14-year-old twin siblings (Kira Kosarin and Jack Griffo) who share the same bathroom, school and annoying little siblings. She is a super student with a sunny disposition who looks forward to being a superhero someday, but he is a supervillain.
Jed Spingarn, whose credits include Nickelodeon’s The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo, will executive produce the 13-episode series.
Thundermans becomes the latest series order to come from Nick’s ambitious 2013 slate. The network recently handed out series orders to The Haunted Hathaways, iCarly spinoff Sam & Cat and Wendell and Vinnie, starring iCarly‘s Jerry Trainor (which premieres Feb. 16).
Rosa Blasi, Chris Tallman, Jack Griffo, Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke co-star in Thundermans, one of five live-action pilots the network ordered in August.
Spingarn is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day