- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nickelodeon is getting into the sibling superhero business.
The network has ordered to series The Thundermans, a superhero-themed comedy about a family of twin siblings, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The family comedy revolves around the Thundermans, 14-year-old twin siblings (Kira Kosarin and Jack Griffo) who share the same bathroom, school and annoying little siblings. She is a super student with a sunny disposition who looks forward to being a superhero someday, but he is a supervillain.
Jed Spingarn, whose credits include Nickelodeon’s The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Johnny Bravo, will executive produce the 13-episode series.
Thundermans becomes the latest series order to come from Nick’s ambitious 2013 slate. The network recently handed out series orders to The Haunted Hathaways, iCarly spinoff Sam & Cat and Wendell and Vinnie, starring iCarly‘s Jerry Trainor (which premieres Feb. 16).
Rosa Blasi, Chris Tallman, Jack Griffo, Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke co-star in Thundermans, one of five live-action pilots the network ordered in August.
Spingarn is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier