- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nickelodeon Viacom Consumer Products revealed that the multilevel store — the U.K.’s first — would open to the public during the second quarter of 2015.
“Leicester Square is one of the best known destinations in one of the greatest cities in the world and is an absolutely ideal location for an iconic brand like Nickelodeon,” said Ron Johnson, executive vp Nickelodeon Viacom consumer products. “I am really excited that London is joining our growing roster of international retail destinations, helping to drive growth in the branded retail space for the Nickelodeon brand internationally in partnership with Entertainment Retail Enterprises.”
The London store will join Nickelodeon’s other two international destinations in Panama and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which opened this year. A second Saudi outlet is due to launch in Jeddah by the end of 2014 and another one in Moscow in 2015.
Nickelodeon’s deal with Entertainment Retail Enterprises has been extended to cover store openings across five continents. The London store’s Leicester Square location is also the home of the London Film Festival, due to kick off Oct. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day