- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nickelodeon star Lucas Cruikshank, known for playing the titular character on the network’s Fred, on Tuesday told the world that he’s gay in a video posted to YouTube.
Answering a series of questions alongside actress pal Jennifer Veal, Cruikshank, 19, told fans, “I’m gay.”
Exploding into a fit of giggles, the actor said, “It feels so weird saying it on camera.”
Cruikshank said that his friends and family have known about his sexual orientation for three years, but “I just haven’t felt the need to announce it on the Internet.”
Cruikshank became a YouTube phenom by creating on online video series surrounding his character of Fred Figglehorn. The YouTube channel proved to be so successful, that Nickelodeon brought it to the airwaves with a TV movie and subsequent franchise. Cruikshank has also appeared in episodes of Hannah Montana, iCarly and Big Time Rush.
Watch his coming out video, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day