- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicolas Cage is not a vampire.
At least that’s his story.
Months after a photo taken in 1870 of a man that bears a truly striking resemblance to the actor appeared on eBay under the headline “Nicolas Cage is a Vampire,” Cage sat down with David Letterman Feb. 9 and discussed the accusation.
“There is a resemblance, but, how can I be polite about this,” he asked. “It’s a slowed down version of me…” implying the man in question wasn’t as attractive.
Before he removed the post, the Seattle-based man who found the photo was asking for $1 million in his eBay listing. “Personally, I believe it’s him and that he is some sort of walking undead / vampire, et cetera, who quickens / reinvents himself once every 75 years or so,” read the listing. “150 years from now, he might be a politician, the leader of a cult, or a talk show host.”
But, Cage, who appears next in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, (opening Feb. 17) says it’s not possible, explaining, “There’s a photograph of me and you can’t take pictures of vampires.”
But, when Letterman pressed pointing out the similarities, the actor got straight to the point.
“Now look, I don’t drink blood and the last time I looked in the mirror I had a reflection,” he said.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day