- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicollette Sheridan, a veteran of primetime soaps, is returning to the genre that made her famous — and as one of its most notorious characters. The actress is set to play Alexis Carrington in The CW’s freshman reboot of Dynasty.
The role of Alexis, thus far only alluded to on the series, was originated by Joan Collins in the 1980s version. Collins’ performance contributed greatly to the popularity of Dynasty.
The part marks the first regular gig for Sheridan since her Desperate Housewives character was killed off of the ABC drama near the height of its popularity. (Sheridan unsuccessfully sued over her firing.) But the actress’ 100-plus episode stint on Desperate Housewives wasn’t even her biggest, as she played Paige Matheson on CBS’ Knot’s Landing for nearly a decade.
There’s no word on her first episode, but Sheridan starts filming in the new year and will appear in the last few installments of the first season. Dynasty has been a modest linear performer for The CW, but something must be working: The network was quick to add a back-nine order for the drama, which airs Wednesdays alongside breakout Riverdale.
Dynasty is produced for The CW by CBS Television Studios. Sheridan is repped by Innovated Artists and Rick Genow of Stone Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day