- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Niecy Nash told a hilarious Prince story on Thursday (June 7) when stopping by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, on what would have been the late rocker’s 60th birthday. “I just wanna prepare you,” Nash told host Stephen Colbert as a disclaimer before diving in, “So get ready.”
She went on to say that after seducing her way in to a Grammy Awards afterparty hosted by the Purple Rain rocker, Nash and her friend pretended to be the singer’s cousin in order to get into his room.
A hesitant security guard went to retrieve Prince, who cautiously opened the door to find Nash and her friend waiting for him. “And he said ‘nice try’ and shut the door in our face,” Nash said, throwing her hands up in disbelief.
The duo also apparently ran into a flirtatious Leonardo DiCaprio, who, according to Nash, “likes the dark meat off the piece of chicken.”
Check out the full interview below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal’ Director on Uncovering an “Underbelly of Corruption, Greed and Powers of Social Control”
How ‘Queen Charlotte’ Star Arsema Thomas Prepared for the Role of Young Lady Danbury: “I Needed to Call Upon the Women in My Life”
Critics’ Conversation: In the Shadow of ‘Succession,’ a TV Spring Full of Risks and Rewards