- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The countdown to the return of Nikita is underway.
Alex, if viewers remember, split from her mentor Nikita (Maggie Q) at the end of last season, teaming up with an unlikely “ally”: new Division chief Amanda (Melinda Clarke), following orders sent down by Oversight. But Fonseca, who appeared on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother for several seasons, says the new season is a new beginning — and a new love interest for Alex.
“Alex and the rest of the characters from the very first episode, everyone’s in a very different place,” Fonseca told THR at the CW premiere party. “It’s not like [the season begins] the next day, it’s what’s happened since. And I don’t know if people will expect it really.”
Fonseca hinted that not all of the encounters between Alex and former Division head Percy (Xander Berkley) will be as simple as they may seem. “Really listen to the Alex and Percy scenes because even if you think something’s just flying by that doesn’t mean anything, it comes back around,” she said. “Everything means something.”
Stanford told THR that there’s an “intricate backstory” already laid out for his character, Birkhoff. “He’s out in the field a little bit more. He has many more opportunities to be humiliated,” he said.
Watch Stanford’s interview below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day