- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Nikki Reed is ready to get her historical groove on.
The Twilight and Thirteen alum has landed the key series regular role of Betsy Ross on the upcoming third season of Fox’s Sleepy Hollow, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Sleepy Hollow’s Ross is described as sexy with an unsuspecting physical prowess. She’s the famous seamstress known and loved for sewing the nation’s first flag by day, but by night she’s a dynamic colonial insider, a secret operative within George Washington‘s mysterious ring of spies.
See more Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows 2015-16
The casting comes after Ichabod (Tom Mison) noted in seasons one and two that Ross was a former flame.
The casting marks Reed’s series regular debut and will keep her close to new husband and The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder as both series film in Atlanta. (The Fox drama shifted production after season two from North Carolina to Atlanta to take advantage of better filming rebates in the region.)
Reed becomes the latest new face to join Sleepy Hollow‘s third season. She joins The Glades alum Clifton Campbell, who is taking over the role of showrunner after Mark Goffman‘s departure.
Reed’s credits include The Sunday Horse, Scout and Balls Out. On the music side, her LP I’m Not Falling was released last year. She’s repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day