- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The end of Showtime’s Nurse Jackie is starting to take shape.
How I Met Your Mother alum Chris Elliott has nabbed a role on the final season of the Edie Falco dramedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
See more Saying Goodbye: TV Shows Signing Off in 2014-15
The Emmy winner (Late Night With David Letterman) will guest-star in the penultimate episode of the series and portray an idiosyncratic patient at All Saints who has legally changed his name to “Vigilante Jones” in a bid to fight crime in New York.
Elliott becomes the latest new face to join Nurse Jackie in its final season. Royal Pains star Mark Feuerstein booked a major arc and will recur alongside Emmy darling Tony Shalhoub.
Season seven of Nurse Jackie will be the series’ first without original co-star Peter Facinelli, who exited as a series regular but will still have a smaller role to close out the show. Nurse Jackie returns in 2015.
Elliott’s credits include There’s Something About Mary and guest roles on Community and Hot in Cleveland. He’s repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day