- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bobby Cannavale could have it in for Akalitus and Jackie.
Showtime’s dark hospital dramedy Nurse Jackie has booked Cannavale for a major guest role in all 10 episodes of its upcoming fourth season.
Cannavale, whose credits include Will & Grace as well as Six Feet Under, will play formidable hospital administrator sent by the new conglomerate that buys the financially strapped All Saint’s Hospital to improve its efficiency and profitability.
Season 3 ended with Anna Deavere Smith’s Gloria Akalitus – the now former top dog at All Saint’s – essentially holding Jackie’s (Edie Falco) fate in her hands before disposing of a urine sample that more than likely could have spelled doom for the pill-popping nurse.
Production on Nurse Jackie’s fourth season begins next month in New York with a premeire date set for next year.
Cannavale’s credits include his Emmy winning turn on NBC’s Will & Grace as well as HBO’s Six Feet Under and the ABC comedy Cupid. He’s repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
House of the Dragon