- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tony Shalhoub is returning to cable.
The Emmy-winning Monk alum has booked a recurring role on season seven of Showtime’s Nurse Jackie, the cabler announced Wednesday.
Shalhoub, whose last TV role was on CBS’ short-lived comedy We Are Men, will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor with a great bedside manner and a special touch with the always prickly Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and a friend to Edie Falco‘s titular Jackie.
The role marks Shalhoub’s return to cable after his three-time Emmy-winning role as the obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk. His credits include Wings, Men in Black, TMNT and Broadway’s Act One, Conversations With My Father, The Odd Couple and more. He’s repped by ICM Partners.
Shalhoub’s casting comes after Nurse Jackie co-star Peter Facinelli exited the Showtime dramedy following six seasons. He’ll segue to the lead on NBC’s political drama Odyssey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day